Saturday, January 29, 2011

Oh, right.

All attempts at keeping this blog up to date and full of creative goodness are failing fast!

BUT, good news on the work front! Aside from actually getting my old (paying) job back at Sneaker's Bar (you can't eat volunteer work), I've been super busy with things that actually might get me somewhere closer to my future goals! No way you say? Not right out of University?? Yes way. And all my terrible thoughts of self defeat at the thought of being back at the Lotto booth are pushed to the back of mind in favour of creative energy flows zinging through my body, actually keeping me busy busy busy.

My work with Gallery Vertigo is actually starting to come together now! I'm helping run the Smarties' sunday shindigs, hosting a special showing of what we do there for the kids on the 9th for the Vernon Winter Carnival. Also in the works is a "summer camp" program for kids wanting to go into Creative Writing/art/performance that we'll actually get paid for doing! We're creating our own jobs! How awesome is that??

I don't have anything up in my studio yet... but that's a work in progress. I DO have a desk (on loan until I find something better), a swivel chair, a nice (*cough*IKEA*cough*) chair, and a funky table!... the extent of my studio! Yeah for not having a clue how to be visually creative just yet!
I will probably be putting a visual storyboard up when I start working on my novel, but that's all for later.

ALSO, Stuff with Other is going fantastic as well. We're gearing up for Issue 6, looking for submissions (send your stuff!) and looking into fundraising options.

I have to make posters like crazy next week!

Grad applications in on Monday! I've been putting them off as long as possible, I guess, as is what is normal for me, but all I have left to do are the edits for my portfolio, then I'm heading out that way to bring in my OC transcript.
...Having to hand in the rest electronically somehow makes the whole thing less dramatic, and therefore less satisfying. Damn the digital age!

Transcript in then possible victory drink at the Well? A few drinks? Hmmmm. Yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment